Access Bank Gemzone
The ACCESS BANK GEMZONE loyalty program from Access Bank Plc. allows its customers earn the program
currency called “GEM POINTS” for their various banking activities with the bank. “GEM POINTS” earned by
customers can be freely exchanged for merchandise, travel, banking and other benefits ("The
"ACCESS BANK" reserves the right to amend, modify or change, including adding or deleting terms to the
ACCESS BANK GEMSZONE Loyalty Program” ("Program") Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice.
Changes to the Program
ACCESS BANK may modify, restrict or change the Program at any time, which changes may include, but are not
- changing the number of points, you earn for a particular type of activity or
- the number of points you need to redeem a particular Reward, or
- omitting or adding reward levels or categories, or
- changing the selection of Rewards, or
- imposing, increasing or eliminating points caps or
- changing the conditions under which points expire or are forfeited,
- changing the number of Points earned per qualifying transaction.
We will notify you of material changes to the Program terms and conditions and, unless you decide to opt out
of the Program, you will be bound by the revised terms and conditions. We also reserve the right to suspend
or terminate the Program, or your participation in the Program, at any time without compensation to you.
Your privacy is important to us, all profile information provided will be used solely for the purpose of the
GEMZONE and GEMZONE affiliated programs.
What Information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you fill out the profile page section on the gem zone site.
When redeeming items from the site, you may be required to enter certain information such as shipping
address, phone numbers etc
What do we use your information for?
Any information we collect from you may be used in the following ways
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to effectively respond to your customer
service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
Your information will not be sold, exchanged, or transferred or given to any other company for
any reason whatsoever other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or
service requested by the customer.
- To send periodic emails.
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates
pertaining to your order.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you
access your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We will provide your personal information to our affiliates or other trusted businesses or persons to
appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We may also share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like
publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show
trends about the general use of our services.
This policy was last modified on 3/2/2017.
ACCESS BANK customers who meet the set criteria based on their products will be auto enrolled onto the
GEMZONE loyalty program.
Eligibility is restricted to individuals (or holders of joint accounts) and/or corporate account holders who
have a one or more of these types of ACCESS BANK accounts with a permanent address within Nigeria.
By participating in the Program, the customer agrees to the terms and conditions, rules, regulations,
policies, and procedures of the program. Each customer is responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to the
terms and conditions.
ACCESS BANK reserves the right to charge a Program's annual fee for participation in the program. In the
event that such an Annual fee is charged, the cost, if applicable, will be charged and deducted from the
Customer’s ACCESS BANK account on the Enrollment Date. The Enrollment Date is the day that ACCESS BANK
completes the enrollment process. The Customer’s designated account will be automatically billed annually
upon the anniversary of the Enrollment Date.
- To participate in the Program, current eligible account holders/card holders are auto enrolled in the
program except they decide to opt of the program while new customers are informed of the program and
given the option to opt into the program by meeting the minimum eligibility criteria according to the
ACCESS BANK product they hold.
- Once you have been enrolled successfully, you will be sent a user name and password which you would use
to log onto the program website & your unique loyalty account.
- Upon receipt of this login information & upon your first login to your dedicated loyalty account,
you must change your initial password (which is a system generated one-time password) and update your
profile communication information to gain full access to all the features of your loyalty account.
- It is your responsibility to keep your password safe and known only to you because you are responsible
for all activity in your Loyalty Account.
Opting Out of the Program
- Customers who wish to opt out of the program (upon receipt of their welcome package from ACCESS BANK),
can do so by either of the following means;
- Call the ACCESS BANK Contact Centre & inform the Agent of your decision to Opt-Out (you will need to
provide your Loyalty Account Username & Email Address).
- Visit any ACCESS BANK Branch & speak to a Customer Service Officer & inform the officer of your
decision to Opt-Out (you will need to provide your Loyalty Account Username & Email Address).
GEM Points Accrual
- Customers will earn “GEM Points” for each qualifying transaction after their Enrollment Date. “GEM
Points” accrual will begin upon the Customer’s Enrollment Date. Approval for Program enrollment may take
up to fourteen (14) business days. “GEM Points” are not earned on cash advances, traveler's checks, over
limit fees, finance charges, late payment fees, annual fees, insurance charges, card-related service
charges, unauthorized charges, returned cheque fees, bounced payment cheque fees and related service
charges, declined cheque fees, and internet transaction fees. Changes made to the above are at the sole
discretion of ACCESS BANK.
- Only active accounts within pre-defined limits & performing minimum pre-defined qualifying transactions
are eligible to earn ”GEM Points”. If an account falls below the minimum pre-defined limits or becomes
dormant, the account will not be eligible to earn points. Credit Card Accounts that are past 30 days
overdue or over the credit limit are not eligible to points.
- Cash-Back credits, if applied by ACCESS BANK, to the customer’s account do not earn GEM Points.
- “GEM Points” are updated based on timeframes set by Access Bank, and point balance information will be
available via your GEMZONE Loyalty Account on the loyalty program website or your Access Online
Account, via your Access Mobile App and the Bank’s Call Centre. To obtain your account details via the
Call Centre, the customer must provide their Loyalty Account membership number
- The total of your qualifying transactions will be rounded up to the nearest whole naira amount when
points earned are calculated at end of a billing cycle. GEM Points availability for redemption is based
on transactions posted as of the last completed billing cycle.
- Awards for specific events will expire if not used on the date of the event.
- Upon redemption of an item, the “GEM Points” will immediately be deducted from the customer’s loyalty
account. Points will be credited back to the customers loyalty account if an award certificate or
redemption voucher is not used prior to expiration.
- “GEM Points” will expire 2 years after the day they are earned. Points redeemed and expired points will
be processed based on a first in first out basis.
- Customer Accounts that become dormant will have all GEM Points earned via that account forfeited and
deducted from the total balance of points in the Customer’s Account.
GEM Points are not cash, you may not sell, issue, exchange, barter or redeem GEM Points for cash. Your
GEM Points may only be used or spent through the program online catalog or by any other approved means
as contained in the program terms & conditions. You may not exchange or sell any other goods or services
for GEM Points.
- Customers may redeem points for any item in the Program’s online catalog. Reward options are explained
in the online catalog.
- All Rewards are subject to availability and specific Rewards may only be available for certain dates.
- Specific restrictions may apply to certain Rewards. Terms and conditions are placed in Program
communications and on the certificates.
- Redeemed Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash or points under any circumstances.
- Rewards must be redeemed in accordance with Program Terms and Conditions. ACCESS BANK and its
fulfillment partner are not responsible for replacement of lost, unclaimed or stolen items, neither
shall ACCESS BANK be liable for any loss or damage that the customer may suffer from the
- The value of delivery charges in GEM Points will be deducted from your account, when you select the
delivery option for the fulfillment of your redemption.
- In determining the delivery charge, all the items in your Shopping Basket when Checking Out are taken
into account and bundled together. Weight of the items and the location to be delivered to are taken
into account in determining the delivery charge.
Communications with Program Participants
We will communicate with you regarding any matter related to the Program by email. All electronic
communications from us to you shall be deemed to be communications "in writing" and deemed delivered to you
no later than the earlier of the date actually received or 5 days from the date of dissemination. You may
update your contact information by visiting the program website and updating your Account profile or by
calling our Call Center on 07003000000 or 0700 CALL ACCESS.
However, if you use the Program website, we are not obligated to provide any additional communications to
you, other than these terms and conditions. We also reserve the right at our option to terminate your
participation in the Program if you withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications regarding the
At your option, you may choose to receive information of a promotional nature about the Program. If you
would like to change your consent to receive these promotions, please visit the program website to update
your Account profile.
Loyalty Account Security>
As a member of the Access Bank Loyalty Program, you shall have access to a personal loyalty account
accessible via www.example.com or www.example2.com. For security, identification and verification purposes,
when you try to access your personal loyalty account and/or carry out redemption transactions, you will be
required to enter one, or a combination of the following User Authentication Codes: Username, Password, and
or Loyalty PIN.
These User Authentication codes shall be provided to you upon your enrolment on to the Loyalty Program.
If you forget any of your User Authentication Codes, then you can carry out a forgot password request via
the website or contact the Access Bank Call Centre and provide your Membership Number, upon which your
details will besent to your registered email address.
Your User Authentication Codes are personal to you and must be kept secret. Do not disclose your codes to
any other person and do not keep them with other program documentation. You are responsible for all
transactions carried out using your valid user authentication codes.
- ACCESS BANK reserves the right to disqualify any customer from participating in the Program and to
invalidate all points for abuse, fraud or any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- If a customer decides to close his ACCESS BANK account or terminate his/her relationship with the
Bank, such Customer will no longer be able to earn or redeem points. The Bank reserves the right to
determine what constitutes a closed account.
- “GEM Points” are not the property of the Customer, and cannot be bought, sold or transferred in any way
(including upon death or as part of a domestic relations matter).
- “GEM Points” are not redeemable for cash, do not constitute credits towards an account, and cannot be
offset against the Customer's obligations to ACCESS BANK unless otherwise stated in this agreement.
- The Customer is not entitled to compensation from ACCESS BANK or any other entity if points are
forfeited or expired for any reason.
- Determination of any tax liability of a Customer relating to points is solely the responsibility of the
- ACCESS BANK is not responsible for disputes involving joint Customers or authorized users relating to
- Merchandise & Reward fulfillment services are provided by Loyalty Solutions Limited (LSL), which
assumes all liability and responsibility for the provision of, or failure to provide, the services. LSL
operates as an independent contractor and is not affiliated with ACCESS BANK. Neither ACCESS BANK nor
LSL shall be liable for any bodily harm and/or property damage that may result from participation in the
Program for any reason.
PRIVACY AND CONSENT TO MARKETING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION>
To provide these services to you, we may be required to disclose your personal to third parties. You consent
to and authorise us to disclose your personal information, in the ordinary course of our providing these
services to you, to such third parties from time to time and indemnify us from any liability you may incur
associated with or arising from us acting in accordance with this consent.
You confirm and consent that Access Bank Plc, may process (collect, use or otherwise deal with) your
information (including processing outside of the borders of Nigeria), which was voluntarily provided, for
the purposes of providing services and products to you under this loyalty program, according to the
applicable privacy policies and requirements of the law.
You confirm that you have read and understood the applicable program terms and conditions, specifically the
the information provided by you is true, correct and current and that you will inform Access Bank Plc if it
NOTICES, CONFIRMATION AND STATEMENTS
You agree that publishing a notice on the Program Website or sending you a notification via email, sms /post
or through your Access Bank Mobile App will constitute sufficient notice to you. Kindly remember that it is
your responsibility to provide us with your most up-to-date contact details, as and when they change.
For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from Access Bank Plc electronically and you
agree that all notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy
any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Should you fail to raise an objection with Access Bank Plc within 24 (twenty-four) hours after such notice
has been sent, it will be considered that you have accepted the transaction or new information as being
valid and binding in all respects.
AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE
The Loyalty Program website may be unavailable from time to time due to routine maintenance, emergency
repairs or unplanned/unanticipated system failures or because of the unavailability of any electricity,
telecommunication system or networks. Access Bank Plc cannot be held liable in the event of such
We shall notify you of all planned/scheduled maintenance activities ahead of their occurrence.